Posted on: July 28, 2022
Precise Drilling Components Ltd. (PDC) is an innovative, experienced designer and manufacturer of industry-leading down-hole drilling tools for the oil & natural gas, pipeline and utilities sectors. Using sophisticated machinery and cutting-edge ideas and techniques, we develop and manufacture customized in-house solutions covering a wide variety of downhole tool applications, supporting mainstream oil & natural gas and horizontal & directional drilling (HDD) operations.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A health spending account
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- Technical training / Cross-training
- A new, clean facility
- Career development and educational assistance
- Weekly catered lunches
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business!
Your Opportunity with Precise Drilling Components:
To keep up with high work volumes, PDC is looking for a dedicated and exceptional Shop Hand. The Shop Hand will be required to perform tasks involving physical labor and will be required to operate a variety of hand/power tools and PDC’s phosphating system. This position requires a self-motivated and safety-minded individual to ensure our operations run efficiently. The Shop Hand will interface with shop personnel as well as third-party service providers such as truck drivers and other vendors/suppliers. This position requires the individual to maintain a professional attitude and a personal value commitment to safe operating standards. This position is safety sensitive.
Schedule: Monday through Thursday (6:00 am – 4:30 pm).
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Operate PDC’s Phosphating system while adhering to procedure.
- Operate overhead cranes and forklift using safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Handle Materials within the shop and outdoors as required. Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products.
- Physically paint, package & organize products for shipment working closely with the Logistics & Inventory Coordinator.
- Unload and load delivery tucks as required. Provide delivery and shipping paperwork to the Logistics & Inventory Coordinator.
- Perform daily maintenance inspections on the forklift and overhead cranes.
- Perform housekeeping duties around the shop as required including the general cleaning and organizing of the shop and equipment.
- Operate basic hand tools and powered hand tools. (i.e. Drills, Disc Grinders, etc.)
- Report issues with equipment or unsafe conditions to the Operations Manager.
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Move materials to and from work centers in the plan to maintain effective workflow.
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Capabilities & Credentials:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Ability to understand and follow procedures and instructions precisely and consistently.
- Time management skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Critical eye for identifying defects
- Commitment to quality and safety
- Organizational and housekeeping skills
- Ability to work independently and complete repetitive daily activities according to work schedule.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50+ pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to work outside year-round in all weather conditions.
- Must possess a friendly attitude with a team player mindset.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to feel, handle or touch, and stoop, kneel, crouch, reach above shoulders and occasionally use foot/feet to operate machine and climb or balance.
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Precise Drilling Components is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Employee Referral Eligible