Posted on: July 28, 2022
Precise Drilling Components Ltd. (PDC) is an innovative, experienced designer and manufacturer of industry-leading down-hole drilling tools for the oil & natural gas, pipeline and utilities sectors. Using sophisticated machinery and cutting-edge ideas and techniques, we develop and manufacture customized in-house solutions covering a wide variety of downhole tool applications, supporting mainstream oil & natural gas and horizontal & directional drilling (HDD) operations.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A health spending account
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- Technical training / Cross-training
- A new, clean facility
- Career development and educational assistance
- Weekly catered lunches
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business!
Your Opportunity with Precise Drilling Components:
To keep up with high work volumes, PDC is looking for a dedicated and exceptional Journeyperson Welder. The position of Welder includes, but is not limited to, production welding, service & repair welding, prototype building, and fitting. Responsibilities will include the fabrication of custom prototypes from supplied drawings and fabrication of custom jigs and fixtures to produce production parts that meet customer specifications in a high-paced production environment. The use of various hand tools, machinery and equipment will be required to manufacture metal products. This position will report to the Operations Manager to ensure continuous improvements in work cells, hitting quotas, welding according to pre-set parameters using metal core arc welding (‘’MCAW’’), shielded metal arc welding (‘’SMAW’’) and gas tungsten arc welding (‘’GTAW’’) processes. This position is safety sensitive.
Schedule: Monday through Thursday (6:00 am – 4:30 pm) with opportunities for overtime.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Operate welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as GTAW, SMAW, MCAW, oxy-acetylene welding (OAW) and air carbon arc gouging (ACAG).
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame/plasma-cutting equipment.
- Conduct technical inspections and assist in the development of repair estimates.
- Conduct repairs, modifications and retrofits.
- Monitor parts usage and report on any material issues.
- Provide data to assist in monitoring and tracking project status.
- Assist in training of apprentices by inspecting and certifying their work.
- Conduct project review and planning. Review blueprints and specifications.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques.
- Complete daily maintenance and cleaning of work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Capabilities & Credentials:
- Red Seal Journeyperson Welder Certification.
- MIG, TIG, stick, gouging, hardfacing and brazing experience.
- Robotic welding/automation experience considered an asset.
- Plasma table operation experience considered an asset.
- Experience with routine maintenance operations.
- Highly flexible with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a team-oriented diverse working environment.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50+ pounds with assistance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or touch, talk or hear, and stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. Regularly, one must reach above shoulders and occasionally use foot/feet to operate machine and climb or balance.
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Precise Drilling Components is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Employee Referral Eligible